Product Developer / Garment Technician
SIR. is an Australian privately-owned company which designs and manufactures high-end women’s fashion. Clothing is globally distributed through its online platform (www.sirthelabel.com) along with a number of leading international wholesalers. Offices are located in Rosebery, Sydney with the team consisting of cofounders/creative directors (Nikki Campbell & Sophie Coote) an online, design, wholesale, retail and logistic teams.
SIR. has garnered international acclaim for its singular aesthetic centred on sustainable basics and distinct, minimalist yet feminine silhouettes. Neutral tones and delicate fabrics form the foundation of the SIR offering, punctuated by thoughtful feminine details designed to complement the body.
SIR promotes a conscious approach, continuously evaluating its social and environmental impact to facilitate educated and sustainable business growth. Gearing all brand operations towards a more sustainable future, relationships with makers and energy-efficient production models are supported by mandates of inclusivity, diversity, and transparency, reflecting care confidently back into each of the brand's designs.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an enthusiastic Product Developer / Garment Technician to work across our woven categories and knitwear. You will be responsible for the complete development process of your garments. You will work closely with the Senior Product Developer and Senior Designer to successfully meet your KPI’s.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Responsible for product development process across woven categories and some knitwear (preferred but not essential)
- Work with Designers on creation of technical garment packs, technical specification measurements, and advice on fabrication & garment finish.
- Follow complete garment development process from initial development to shipping sample approval, controlling, and maintaining consistency in fit.
- Provide accurate technical feedback in fit model sessions and provide design updates to factories.
- Communicate bulk approvals and accurately grade bulk production spec in accordance with SIR standard.
- Liaise with offshore factories to ensure critical path deadlines are met.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR THE ROLE
- At least 5-years experience in a Product Development or Garment Technician role. Experience in patternmaking would be preferred but not essential.
- Strong knowledge of garment construction.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of Excel.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email your cv & covering letter addressing the role requirements as detailed above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to those who have successfully fulfilled our initial criteria.