Patternmaker / Product Developer
SIR is an Australian privately-owned company which designs and manufactures high-end women’s fashion globally distributed through its online platform along with a number of international wholesalers.
SIR has garnered international acclaim for its singular aesthetic centred on sustainable basics and distinct, minimalist yet feminine silhouettes.
SIR promotes a conscious approach, continuously evaluating its social and environmental impact to facilitate educated and sustainable business growth. Gearing all brand operations towards a more sustainable future, relationships with makers and energy-efficient production models are supported by mandates of inclusivity, diversity, and transparency, reflecting care confidently back into each of the brand's designs.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a skilled Patternmaker / Product Developer to work across swimwear, knitwear and wovens. You will be responsible for the complete development process of your garments. You will work closely with the Senior Product Developer, Senior Patternmaker and Senior Designer to successfully meet your KPI’s.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Responsible for product development process in swimwear, knitwear and some woven categories.
- Creating patterns for seasonal collections manually with plan to transition to StyleCAD software, via product sketch, sample or from existing library of blocks / patterns.
- Work with Designers on creation of pattern & technical garment packs, technical specification measurements, and advice on fabrication & garment finish.
- Follow complete garment development process from initial development to shipping sample approval, controlling, and maintaining consistency in fit.
- Provide accurate technical feedback in fit model sessions and provide design updates to factories.
- Communicate bulk approvals and accurately grade bulk production spec in accordance with SIR standard
- Liaise with offshore factories to ensure critical path deadlines are met.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR THE ROLE
- At least 6 years experience in a Patternmaking / Product Development role
- Strong knowledge of garment construction
- Previous experience with StyleCAD or patternmaking software.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload to meet deadlines
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email your cv & covering letter addressing the role requirements as detailed above to email@example.com. Please note: due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to those who have successfully fulfilled our initial criteria.