Pattern Room Assistant
SIR. is an Australian privately-owned company which designs and manufactures high-end women’s fashion. Clothing is globally distributed through its online platform (www.sirthelabel.com) along with a number of leading international wholesalers. Offices are located in Rosebery, Sydney with the team consisting of cofounders/creative directors (Nikki Campbell & Sophie Coote) an online, design, wholesale, retail and logistic teams.
SIR. has garnered international acclaim for its singular aesthetic centred on sustainable basics and distinct, minimalist yet feminine silhouettes. Neutral tones and delicate fabrics form the foundation of the SIR offering, punctuated by thoughtful feminine details designed to complement the body.
SIR promotes a conscious approach, continuously evaluating its social and environmental impact to facilitate educated and sustainable business growth. Gearing all brand operations towards a more sustainable future, relationships with makers and energy-efficient production models are supported by mandates of inclusivity, diversity, and transparency, reflecting care confidently back into each of the brand's designs.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an enthusiastic Pattern Room Assistant to provide support to the product developers and design team throughout the sampling process. You will work closely with the senior product developer and senior designer to successfully meet your KPI’s.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Provide support to product developers and design team to ensure critical path timeline is maintained.
- Recording technical measurements, fabric and garment finishes of samples across all design development stages.
- Translating hand sketches into illustrator technical sketches and assisting set up of technical packs.
- Pattern cutting, pattern tracing and simple sewing tasks for toile development.
- Steaming and preparation of samples for fittings.
- Sending and tracking packages to overseas factories.
- Liaising and driving to local Makers with alterations and new sample development.
- Maintaining standard of pattern room and showroom.
- Quality control of salesmen samples.
- Upkeep and filing of patterns and managing archives.
- Assisting care labelling.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR THE ROLE
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Fashion Design or equivalent.
1-2 years experience working in a fashion design room space. Ideally some experience with measuring and spec development however not essential.
Strong interpersonal communication skills, eager to learn and become an integral part of a small team.
A keen interest and career progression plan into Product Development. This role is not in line with a design pathway.
Ability to manage and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
Strong Adobe suite and excel skills.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email your cv & covering letter addressing the role requirements as detailed above to email@example.com. Please note: due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to those who have successfully fulfilled our initial criteria.