Junior Garment Technician
SIR is an Australian privately-owned company which designs and manufactures high-end women’s fashion. Clothing is globally distributed through its online platform (www.sirthelabel.com) along with a number of international wholesalers. Offices are located in Rosebery, Sydney with the team consisting of cofounders/creative directors (Nikki Campbell & Sophie Coote) an online, design, wholesale, retail and logistic teams.
SIR has garnered international acclaim for its singular aesthetic centred on sustainable basics and distinct, minimalist yet feminine silhouettes. Neutral tones and delicate fabrics form the foundation of the SIR offering, punctuated by thoughtful feminine details designed to complement the body.
SIR promotes a conscious approach, continuously evaluating its social and environmental impact to facilitate educated and sustainable business growth. Gearing all brand operations towards a more sustainable future, relationships with makers and energy-efficient production models are supported by mandates of inclusivity, diversity, and transparency, reflecting care confidently back into each of the brand's designs.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Junior Garment Technician to join our team! You will be responsible for providing support to the Technical Team throughout the product construction process.
You will work closely with the Senior Product Developer, Senior Pattern Maker & Garment Technician to provide support and assistance and successfully meet your KPI’s.
Key tasks and responsibilities include
- Assist with the preparation of garments for fitting including pressing, measuring and steaming
- Participate in fittings, taking notes as required, providing inspection and returns feedback
- Update technical sketches as directed by Design and Production team
- Prepare and update tech packs with specific product inspection requirements alerting product team to potential issues ahead of receipting shipping samples.
- Working closely with Returns coordinator to conduct quality checks within AQL guidelines along with associated reporting.
- Spot check of inbound product, checking product aesthetic, labelling and specifications
- Measure main points of garment for fitting of bulk production styles and confirm with Design and Production team
- Support Production team with vendor specific reporting associated with QA and labelling.
- Assist pattern making team with costing markers, sample cutting and basic pattern alterations along with purchase of raw materials as required.
What you will need for the role
- Technical sketching skills
- Knowledge of garment construction
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload to meet deadlines