THE WORK ENVIRONMENT
SIR. is an Australian privately-owned company which designs and manufactures high-end women’s fashion. Clothing is sold online nationally and internationally (www.sirthelabel.com) as well as through a number of wholesalers.
Offices are located in Rosebery, Sydney with the board consisting of founders (Nikki Campbell & Sophie Coote), CFO, Chairman, and teams in Design & Production, Sales & Merchandising, Retail, Logistics as well as Online departments. Manufacturing takes place offshore and the brand has 3PL dispatch warehouses located in HK.
SIR. delivers wardrobe essentials or the modern-day muse. Inspired by reverie past and present, the collections create moments reflecting the now, whilst staying eternally wearable. For the confident, distinctive and adaptable woman, SIR. is the contemporary women’s wear for the everyday adventure.
As a financial accountant in the SIR team, you will play a critical role in owning the end-to-end financial & management accounting duties. In this newly created role, you will be joining the SIR team at a critical point, helping to lay the financial foundations and grow with the business. The role has a large scope with the ability for the person to own the finance function and be mentored by the CFO.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of an Assistant Accountant on Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable whilst owning the process in those areas.
- Management of payroll and onboarding.
- General accounting tasks such as bank reconciliations and resolving finance queries throughout the month.
- Leading the month-end close process, posting journal entries, completing all Balance sheet reconciliations, P&L analysis and preparing the management accounts
- Developing and continuously improving internal reporting and accounting processes
- Ensuring statutory compliance including BAS preparation and lodgment, superannuation, income tax and payroll tax.
- Assistance with budgeting and cash flow forecasting as required.
- Assistance in supporting business operations with analysis.
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assistance with finance projects as an ongoing part of the role.
- Excellent communication skills with a proactive and solution-led mindset.
- Strong attention to detail and a good understanding of accounting principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Xero, backed by good computing and software skills.
- Be organised and flexible with the ability to plan and prioritise when working in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess a commercial mindset with the ability to think outside the box.
- A minimum of 3-4 year’s experience in an accounting role within a small to medium sized business.
- 2+ years’ experience using Xero
- Experience implementing processes and procedures.
- Experience working within a retail business would be advantageous.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email your cv & covering letter addressing the role requirements as detailed above to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note: due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to those who have successfully fulfilled our initial criteria.